Royal Caribbean International keeps upping its game in the entertainment arena, especially with the likes of the fully immersive Two70 venue and shows aboard the Quantum and Anthem of the Seas. Now the company is preparing to unveil the largest cruise ship in the world – the Harmony of the Seas – and a massive lineup of entertainment and activities to go with it.
Nick Weir, Vice President, Entertainment, Royal Caribbean International says, “we are taking entertainment to the next level on Harmony of the Seas with more captivating, immersive entertainment experiences than ever before. The level of innovation that has gone into our latest lineup is truly mind blowing, and Harmony guests can expect the unexpected with our biggest, most awe-inspiring stage yet.”
This first includes the all-new “Columbus, The Musical!” show in the 1,380-seat Royal Theatre. The performance joins the previously announced Broadway show “Grease,” previewed in video here.
The stage show is described by the line as, “an original Royal Caribbean production created in the spirit of ‘Spamalot’ and ‘Something Rotten,’ the story recounts the imagined history of Marvin Columbus, Christopher’s fictional, down on his luck, distant cousin. Banished from his family’s kingdom, Marvin sets sail on a madcap voyage of discovery in the hopes of claiming his own place in history. Unforeseen romance and a ‘happily ever after’ story are on the map as Marvin Columbus crashes into his Caribbean destiny. A breathtaking and revolutionary set design, transporting the audience across the Atlantic to the Caribbean, will awe the entire family and adults will thoroughly enjoy the smart, nuanced humor.”
Similar to those on the preceding Oasis and Allure of the Seas, an acrobatic AquaTheatre complete with two 10-meter high dive platforms and a hydraulic-floored pool will also be featured on the Harmony of the Seas. The pool and dive platforms will be the largest and deepest freshwater variety at sea and will feature two shows, which the cruise line outlines below:
• “The Fine Line” – a journey from extreme to extraordinary, “The Fine Line” (costume designs sketched below) is the AquaTheater redefined with high-flying feats, mind blowing stunts and physically demanding acrobatics brought to life by the world’s best extreme-sport athletes. Designed as a 360° immersive entertainment show, revelers will be wishing for eyes in the back of their head to take in all the action happening around them.
• “Hideaway Heist” – a dive into hilarious escapades, guests will steal some laughs and experience amazing wows with Royal Caribbean’s new comedy dive show, “Hideaway Heist.” This action-packed comedy aqua show jumps into the world of a swanky 1950’s holiday resort where guys ‘n’ dolls take the audience on a frolicking escapade in, on and around the pool as an undercover detective, playing the part of a high-rolling vacationer, pursues a crafty burglar. Guests can expect plenty of family-friendly fun and awe-inspiring performance tricks as the staff of the Hideaway Resort solve the crime of a century.
Also twisting above the AquaTheatre will be the newly announced Ultimate Abyss, a pair of the world’s tallest slides at sea.
Also along for the ride will be the state-of-the-art (shouldn’t that be “skate”-of-the-art, pun intended) Studio B, Royal Caribbean’s signature ice skating rink and entertainment venue, with ultra-high def multimedia video and two new ice shows, “1887” and “iSkate Showcase.”
• “1887” will be an additional original show onboard described by Royal as, “an original Royal Caribbean production about love and adventure that begins in Paris on Feb. 14, 1887 at the height of the career of Jules Verne, renowned author of timeless adventure novels such as ‘Journey to the Center of the Earth’ (1864), ‘Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea’ (1870), and ‘Around the World in Eighty Days’ (1873). Beginning their journey on the frozen River Seine, Juliet and her mysterious time traveling companion, the Tempus, travel in multiple dimensions to discover the wonders of the world, and of the heart. World-class skaters and striking technology combine in a unique way that is guaranteed to leave audiences both breathless and emotionally touched.”
• And “iSkate Showcase,” according to the line, will be, “a Studio B ice show unlike any other where Royal Caribbean’s talented skaters put their best blade forward in a dazzling showcase of their very best moves set to their own favorite tunes. The cast goes rogue and anything can happen!”
The Royal Promenade central mall also returns with new theme nights and parades listed by the line below:
• “Totally Awesome ’90s” – Harmony of the Seas debuts the evolution of Royal Caribbean’s much-loved Promenade ’70s Party as the clock is pushed forward to the ’90s. Guests can party it up in a new era when soundtracks are dominated by teen pop, dance-pop and the growing popularity of hip hop. A live DJ spinning favorite ’90s hits, live pop-up performances and crazy neon track suits set the stage to transport partygoers back to this totally awesome decade.
• “Let’s Celebrate!” – when on a cruise, vacationers really don’t need an excuse to celebrate, but Royal Caribbean is giving guests one anyway with “Let’s Celebrate!” – the ultimate celebration of celebrations. Halloween, Birthdays, St. Patrick’s Day, Valentine’s Day, Fourth of July and New Year’s Eve will all be celebrated at once, in a wild and crazy parade that’s truly unforgettable.
Rounding out the entrainment and activities onboard the Harmony of the Seas will be a real-life room escape game, party and roaming pianist described by Royal as follows:
• “Puzzle Break: Escape the Rubicon” – a puzzle that transports players to another world and another time where they must ESCAPE! Players will collaborate with friends, old and new, as they attempt to find the hidden clues needed to solve a collection of puzzles that will eventually unravel the mystery of the Rubicon. With only 60 minutes of life-support, the suspense builds with every tick of the clock. For the first time, this remarkably popular activity will take place in a dedicated space designed in partnership with ShowFX Inc., a staple for Hollywood studios’ engineering, design and fabrication of custom entertainment equipment.
• “Red Party” – the hottest high-energy party at sea. With DJs, surprise performances, special effects and technology, this all-out nightlife extravaganza is an experience not to be missed.
• “Stowaway Piano” – the pop-up piano player, which originally debuted on Anthem of the Seas, heads to Harmony. Behind the door. Around the corner. In the elevator. By the pool. Guests never know where the Stowaway Piano will turn up next.
Plus, the On Air Club will be home to karaoke, the High Cs Horns will be a horn-led nine-piece orchestral symphony and new nighttime The Attic will host live comedy and music onboard.
If Royal Caribbean International’s other recent entertainment offerings and shows like “Spectra’s Cabaret” in Two70 on its newest Anthem of the Seas are any indication of what can be expected here on the Harmony of the Seas, then these shows and events are likely to be buzz-worthy too. From no other cruise line has such a lavish list of entertainment been recently announced, but Carnival Cruise Line’s IMAX theater and Holland America Line’s in-the-round World Stage onboard the forthcoming Carnival Vista and Koningsdam respectively are also set to bring fresh concepts to the forefront of cruise entertainment this year.
… Click Here to Continue Post
The post Harmony of the Seas Loads Up on Entertainment and Activities appeared first on Travel Pulse .