Even as exciting new cruise ships launch, it’s always pleasant to see lines refurbish their existing fleet, and Carnival Cruise Line is set to enhance its Carnival Inspiration accordingly.
One of eight Fantasy-class ships, the 1996-built, 2,052-guest Carnival Inspiration will receive several Fun Ship 2.0 dining features during a multimillion dollar refit to bring it closer in line with its newer siblings. The three-week dry-dock will take place in Portland, Oregon from Jan. 18 to Feb. 5, 2016. The scheduled additions are described by Carnival below:
• Guy’s Burger Joint – a free-of-charge poolside venue developed in partnership with Food Network personality Guy Fieri serving hand-crafted burgers and fresh-cut fries enjoyed amidst a décor that celebrates the chef’s California roots and love of car culture
• BlueIguana Cantina – a complimentary poolside Mexican eatery where guests can enjoy authentic, freshly made burritos and tacos on homemade tortillas, as well as an elaborate toppings and salsa bar
• RedFrog Rum Bar (pictured above) – a poolside watering hole offering the quintessential Caribbean vacation vibe with refreshing Caribbean rum-based frozen drinks and beers, including Carnival’s own private label draught brew, ThirstyFrog Red
• Alchemy Bar – a vintage-themed “cocktail pharmacy”-themed lounge with mixologists who “prescribe” concoctions from different elixirs and ingredients with creative monikers like Forty is the New Twenty and The Restorative Basil Drop
• BlueIguana Tequila Bar – a fun and festive outdoor bar offering a laid-back Mexican-themed atmosphere and tequila-based frozen drinks and beers, perfect for chillin’ by the pool
• Cherry On Top – the “sweetest spot on board” which celebrates the joys of simple indulgences with bins of bulk candy, fun fanciful gifts and novelties, custom apparel and more
Other new features already on the ship include Camp Ocean and the Seuss at Sea kids facility and program, and accompanying Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast; plus fresh Playlist Productions stage shows. Once the refurbishment is complete, the Carnival Inspiration will return to year-round three- and four-day Baja sailings to Ensenada and/or Catalina Island from Long Beach, California.
What remains to be seen is what will eventually become of Carnival’s older ships as new vessels come online. Parent Carnival Corporation often talks about introducing higher capacity ships to supersede less efficient hardware over time, but announcements such as these seem to contradict that philosophy, at least for the immediate future.
For more information and reservations, contact any travel agent, call 1-800-CARNIVAL or visit carnival.com.
… Click Here to Continue Post
The post Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Inspiration Set to Receive Makeover appeared first on Travel Pulse .